top of page

Cricket, Football and Rugby stars Collapse on Pitch during Games, often following Covid-19 Jabs

Updated: Mar 8, 2022

Two ‘fully vaccinated’ women cricketers collapse on the field during international match

Two Windies professional cricketers collapsed on the field on Friday. Chinelle Henry and Chedean Nation suddenly fell down on the ground and started convulsing during an international match against Pakistan in Antigua. The two incidents were therefore captured on camera.

The two cricketers are currently “stable”, according to reports. Footage from the international match showed two West Indies women’s team players pass out on the field just days after announcements that the team had been fully vaccinated.

Only three days before the match, the team, including management staff, received their second vaccine doses, according to social media reports and team announcements. “WI are Vaccinated and ready to face Pakistan Women!” the team wrote on Twitter.

In the middle of the game, the first player suddenly collapsed on the field and began to convulse as team members desperately called for medical attention. The player was carried off on a stretcher.

Within minutes, just as the game was about to resume, a second Windies player collapsed. Announcers were flabbergasted by the dramatic events. “Jack, actually we’re getting word that there’s a second West Indies player down,” one said.

“Just got word that there’s a second player down. Not sure with what, but it seems there’s a second player who’s somehow collapsed in the West Indies team and there’s a second stretcher coming. That’s remarkable,” the commentator says. “I’ve never seen anything like this. What’s happening?”

“Is there something in the air?” asked another commentator. “I don’t know. This is unusual.”

After rife speculation on social media, videos of the two players were uploaded claiming they were fine, but some fans pointed out that the videos were not recent.

Both the incidents took place within a span of 10 minutes and therefore the match was not stopped. The media claimed that the reasons for the sudden collapse were “unknown”, but both had to be rushed to hospital for emergency care. Remarkably, no explanations were given for these sudden collapses.

Besiktas defender Fabrice N'Sakala 'doing quite well' in hospital as another alarming on-pitch collapse hits football

Turkish side Besiktas say their 31-year-old Congolese defender Fabrice N'Sakal is "doing much better" after he was rushed to hospital after collapsing on the pitch in the 70th minute of a Super Lig match with Gaziantep.

N'Sakala fell to the turf unchallenged and while the ball was in play on the other side of the pitch midway through the second half in Saturday's match between the two Turkish sides, prompting frantic officials and players to storm the pitch to administer first aid to the stricken player.

The cause of the frightening incident is not yet clear, however Besiktas officials have since confirmed that the player is alert and conscious in hospital and that he has made contact with his teammates.

The incident comes just two months after Denmark's Christian Eriksen suffered a dramatic on-field collapse during a Euro 2020 fixture with Finland in Copenhagen. It was later revealed that the Inter Milan playmaker had suffered cardiac arrest but was revived on the pitch and subsequently taken to hospital where he was successfully treated.

Fabrice Nsakala was unable to see out the rest of Besiktas' league meeting with Gaziantep after he collapsed on the pitch Nsakala had to be rushed to the hospital after receiving treatment on the pitch, with Besiktas confirming he did not lose consciousness The Congolese defender has since given fans an update on his condition after sharing a photo of himself on his hospital bed smiling

Bordeaux boss Vladimir Petkovic was worried after Samuel Kalu collapsed during a recent match

Players and coaches have admitted they feared the worst when a player in France's top flight collapsed just minutes into a match in front of 50,000 people in a painfully similar incident to Christian Eriksen's ordeal at Euro 2020.

Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu plunged to the floor during Bordeaux's Ligue 1 match at Marseille, causing players from both sides to form a circle around him in an attempt to prevent prying cameras – a repeat of the heroic reaction of Eriksen's teammates when he suffered a cardiac arrest against Finland in June.

Remarkably, the 23-year-old later returned to the pitch for Bordeaux for several minutes, and the stretcher brought on was not required as he made his way off the pitch unaided while holding an ice pack to his head amid sweltering conditions inside the Stade Velodrome.

Bordeaux manager and mooted Zenit St Petersburg target Vladimir Petkovic remained troubled by the scare and took Kalu off shortly afterwards, admitting that Eriksen's plight at the finals, where Petkovic coached Switzerland, had been on his mind.

“I was thinking about what happened during the European Championship,” Petkovic told agencies. “With the medical team, we chose to replace him so as not to take any risks. In these cases, football takes a back seat."

"Fortunately, it turned out well. According to the doctors, it was just an inconvenience, but he will definitely have the tests on Monday.

Rugby player Alex Evans, 31, collapses and dies on pitch during memorial game

TRIBUTES have been paid to a Welsh rugby player who collapsed and died during a memorial game.

Father-of-one Alex Evans was playing for Cwmllynfell at their home ground, Parc y Bryn in Neath Port Talbot on Saturday afternoon.

They were playing against Crynant in the memory of a club stalwart who died earlier this year.

Emergency services responded to reports of a man in cardiac arrest where attempts were made to revive him but he later died at the scene.

On Twitter, Cwmllynfell RFC said of the 31-year-old: "We have lost a brother on the field and it is hurting so much."

Club secretary Gareth Evans said they were "numb and raw at losing a brother".

Cricketer collapsed and died.

Maqsood Anwar, from Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, was playing for Sully at their home pitch against Monkswood Cricket Club on Saturday afternoon.

It is thought the 44-year-old father of three had a heart attack.

Friends and other players said a defibrillator might have saved his life.

Sully Centurions Cricket Club said it would discuss the issue of defibrillators at their club meeting on Monday night.

Local councillor Kevin Marney said there was in fact a defibrillator located next to the cricket pitch that had been funded by the community, but it seemed the players were not aware of this.


There were dramatic scenes at Beatrice Avenue on Saturday afternoon when a Wessex League 1 fixture between East Cowes Vics and Andover Town was abandoned deep into injury time after an Andover player suffered a medical episode.

An entertaining and closely fought contest between the 2 sides was drawing to a close, when an Andover player, Jordan Smith, fell to the ground without contact with an opposition player.

After Jordan had been lying on the ground for some time, it appeared something serious was amiss and many suspected heat exhaustion. As the player was unable to raise himself off the ground, the referee was forced to abandon the fixture with 2 minutes of extra time left on the clock.

Jordan Smith was assisted off the pitch where he was tended to in a semi-conscious state by the Andover Town coaching staff and Vics secretary, Lisa Woodward. It was thought unwise for Jordan to attempt the journey back to the mainland with the rest of his team and an ambulance was requested.

It was later understood that the player had a pre-existing health condition that had remained dormant for some time, and that this may have caused his collapse.

Jordan Smith is believed to have spent Saturday night at St Mary’s Hospital, Newport.

It is currently unclear whether the result of the tie at full time will stand or whether the game will have to be replayed.

11 views0 comments
bottom of page